Are you listed in Google Maps?
When you search on Google, one of the first results you see is a map and short list of businesses. This is part of Google Maps and their great mapping service. But, is your business listed or are your competitors there and you aren't? This short article will show you some of the basics on how to get listed FOR FREE.
Above is part of the search results for Gift Shop Beaufort SC. The very first thing you see is Local business results ..... If you are not already listed you can add yourself and various information about your business.
- First Login to the Google Local Business Center, If you don't have an account, you can create one for free. You may need to click on the Local Business Center link in the right column after logging in.
- Add a Site Location and be sure to complete as much information as you can including Categories
- They will go through an automated telephone call to verify the information and this part is done. It will take about 24 hours for the information to be live
- While logged in, go to maps.google.com and do a search for your business. If you don't find it try again tomorrow. Click on the more info link under your business name and click on then click on edit.
- Correct any information listed (it can vary from the local business account) including moving the marker on the map to the correct location.
After completing the steps and waiting patiently, hopefully you will be one of the ones listed in the initial results. At a minimum you've added one more resource to Google's system to continue to improve your rankings.
Need help with this process or Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in General, we can help, simply contact us for more information.