Being in the website design business
for many years and coupled
with the recent downturn of our nations economy, we are frequently asked the
following question: Why is my site not generating SALES? So after diving
down to the root of this problem and analyzing websites
that work with websites that do not, we have come to the following
conclusion. That running an
On-Line store takes as much commitment, energy,
focus and time as running a "Brick and Mortar" store does. The main flaw
people have with the on-line world is that just because you have a site and
offer products on your site, doesn't mean that:
A) People will actually find your site and
B) That once people have found your site they will automatically buy your products.
The best way to explain this to you is to refer to the 5 P's of Marketing:
- Product: This refers to the products or services that you are providing to your customers. These include your products physical attributes, what your products do or help your customers achieve, how your products differ from that of your competitors and what benefits do your products provide your customers.
- Price: This refers to how you are able to maintain a price for your product or service that is still competitive to that of your competitors' while still being able to generate a nice profit. Price also refers to how you are able to set your products and or services apart from that of your competitors'.
- Place: This refers to where you sell your products or services from and how your customers are able to get these products or services.
- Promotion: This refers to the methods you are using to communicate both the features and benefits of your products or services to your targeted customers and helps differentiate your business from your competitors'.
- People: This refers to how your own level of service along with the expertise and skills of the people who work for you can be used to set you apart from your competitors'.
So in keeping these 5 P's of marketing in mind, you will need to think about and discuss the following things: